Chipotle Coffee Steak Salad With Grilled Corn & Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons finely ground coffee such as t21Coffee
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 (8-10 ounce) New York strip seaks
- 3/4 cup pickled onions ( 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon sugar) Put it all in a shallow bowl, wait 30 mins.
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (abount2 limes)
- 2 heads of romaine hearts, torn
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Combine coffee, chile powder, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp brown sugar and 1/2 tsp coriander in a bowl. Coat steaks evenly with rub. Let rest at room temperature 1-2 hrs. Grill steaks, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and a thermometer registers 120 degrees F, 8-10 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board. Let it rest AT LEAST 15 minutes before slicing. Lightly brush corn and tomatoes with oil. Grill, turning often, until tender and charred in spots., 5-10 min for tomatoes, 10-15 minutes for corn. Let cool slightly. Transfer tomatoes to a large bowl. Cut kernels from cobs and transfer to bowl with tomatoes.
lime juice and remaining 3 Tblsp oil, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon coriander in a small bowl. Pour over tomatoes and corn.